- 1962-1966...Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio, B.A. with Honors
- 1966-1967...Stanford University, Palo Alto, California,
Graduate student in Biology
- 1967-1972...Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ph.D.
- 1969-1970...Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel,
Visiting graduate fellow, Department of Plant Genetics
- 1973-1975...Postdoctoral Fellow (N.I.H.), Biology
Department, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- 1975-present...Professor, Department of Biology, University
of California, Los Angeles.
- Member: American Society of Plant Physiologists, Awards
Committees, 1986; 1991-94; Elected Member of Executive Committee,
- International Society for Plant Molecular Biology
- Elected Member of Board of Directors, 1993-97
- Organizer and Chair, Plant Molecular Biology Gordon Conference,
- Editorial Boards: Plant Physiology, 1984-88; Planta,
- U.S.D.A. Competitive Grants Program, Panel on Plant Growth
and Development, 1987- 1989
- N.I.H. Molecular Cytology Study Section, 1989-1993; N.I.H.
Reviewers Reserve, 1993-1997
- Project Director, Biotechnology Training Grant in Plant
Molecular Biology, 1991-1993
Professor Elaine Tobin is a faculty member of the UCLA programs in
the Molecular and Cellular Life Sciences called UCLA ACCESS .
BACK to E. Tobin homepage